Different Methods Of Writing On Chocolate?

Baking By arsing1 Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 5:09pm by cookiemookie

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 8

My sister in law to be is making chocolate dipped cookies for wedding favors. She wants to write "Eat Me" on them and was looking for the simplest way to do that. Since she's using milk chocolate to dip them in, I told her to use white chocolate to pipe the words on so that it would dry hard and not smear in the packaging like icing would.
She is not a decorator and was looking for something more simple. I suggested trying to find a bakery that has an edible image printer and see what they would charge her to print the transfers for her. I'm not even really sure that would work on chocolate though.
So, my question is, is there a simpler way to do the writing on the chocolate dipped part of the cookie?
Thanks!

7 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 8

i'm not very familiar with working with chocolate ... but if she wants to skip piping all together, she can just have stickers on the packaging that says it. i like to make my own mailing or label stickers with my printer. less mess icon_wink.gif

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 8

That is a GREAT idea!! She'll love it! Thanks so much!

lizabu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizabu Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 8

You can get acetate and pipe the words Eat Me in white chocolate but pipe it backwards. You don't even have to pipe the words. If you have a narrow paintbrush you could paint the words. You can flip the words on your computer and print it out if it helps. Dip the cookie in chocolate and set it down over the words. Let it cool completely. When the chocolate is hard peel it off the acetate and the words will be on the cookies.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 8

speaking of chocolate, has anyone applied edible images on chocolate? What do you use to stick it onto the chocolate without having it affect the chocolate?

lizabu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizabu Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

speaking of chocolate, has anyone applied edible images on chocolate? What do you use to stick it onto the chocolate without having it affect the chocolate?

I've only used chocolate transfer sheets. They come in dozens of designs. I think they are made of cocoa powder but they usually have gold or silver designs too.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 8

Right. The transfer sheets are made of cocoa butter and only transfer that design. The frosting sheets, however, are paper-like and need to adhere to the chocolate.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 8

You can use stencils on chocolate.

I believe they have a video on

www.designerstencils.com

Here is the actual link to the bideos

http://www.designerstencils.com/videos.shtml

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%