Need Help With Time Line For Decorating....

Decorating By kclovesken Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 2:56am by mamawrobin

kclovesken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kclovesken Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:43am
post #1 of 4

I am doing a Topsy Turvy and this is the first time for freezing my cakes before hand. I usually dont have to freeze but do to time etc I had no choice. I also heard that freezing them actually makes them easier to carve.

Soooo I guess my question is since I am dealing with frozen cakes should I carve then fill then crumbcoat? Or carve, fill back in....Or....

Oi I swear I am not slow this is just a different situation and I feel like I am having a brain dead moment icon_razz.gif

3 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:49am
post #2 of 4

I fill and freeze (not solid) then carve and let the cake come to room tempature before crumbcoating. I don't ice a frozen or really cold cake. It only takes 30 minutes or so for it to thaw. I have problems with my buttercream crusting if I use it on a cold or frozen cake.

kclovesken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kclovesken Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:51am
post #3 of 4

Awesome thanks icon_biggrin.gif After I do that should it stay out of the fridge or be put back in? Since it was prior frozen it shouldnt matter right? Just continue like normal?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:56am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclovesken

Awesome thanks icon_biggrin.gif After I do that should it stay out of the fridge or be put back in? Since it was prior frozen it shouldnt matter right? Just continue like normal?

I NEVER refrigerate my cakes. The only time I've ever had issues with a cake is when I put one in the fridge. Unless it has a perishable filling there isn't a need to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%