Techniques For Frosting Cupcakes

Baking By pankake Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 11:28am by Texas_Rose

pankake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pankake Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:09am
post #1 of 6

Hi There,

I am new to cake/cuppie decorating and would like to vary the way I frost my cupcakes. I either do a swirl or a big rose swirl on top, as I don't know any other methods. I have covered them in fonant before, but I prefer frosting that gives the cuppie a bit of height.

Does anyone have any suggest and tips that I needs to use to create different effects?

Thanks

5 replies
Carlachef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlachef Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:18am
post #2 of 6

Check on cakejournal.com she has some interesting ideas on icing cupcakes in her tutorial. Have fun

Carlachef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlachef Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:19am
post #3 of 6

Check on cakejournal.com she has some interesting ideas on icing cupcakes in her tutorial. Have fun

sexy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexy_baker Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 6

There are actually lots of great ideas online, try browsing about them and you'll be surprised on what you'll see!

njoycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
njoycakes Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 11:17am
post #5 of 6

Check out ShamsD on flickr, she's a total artist!
Just mess about with your piping bag and different tips, try different pressures, different wrist movements, there's heaps you can do.
Also try youtube, a lot of my favourites are cupcake techniques. My vids aren't much good yet but try my channel just to see my favourites. it's njoycakes.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 11:28am
post #6 of 6

To make a smooth swirl, just cut the tip off a disposable piping bag. The higher you cut it, the fatter the swirl will be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%