How Do You Choose The Right Expo?

Business By sweetlayers Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 1:03am by jenmat

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 4

OK, I finally have a budget I can play with.

My question is, how do you select the proper show?

How can I tell if it is going to be worth my wild?

Should I go for intimate and small? Or large and crowded?

Also, has anyone ever done a Perfect Wedding Guide show?

Any other info on how to choose the right opportunity would be helpful?

TIA

3 replies
sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 4

Ok, either this is highly classified or I will play it by ear and share my experience.

Thanks

tcp

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 12:41am
post #3 of 4

I talked to other wedding vendors and got their feedback on various shows they had been in. We're always saying that word of mouth is the best advertising .... so get the word of mouth opinions from the other vendors! thumbs_up.gif

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 1:03am
post #4 of 4

also think on dates. When is the busy season for you? What brides are you aiming for? You want to do a show where most of the brides are ready to think cake.
For me in WI, most weddings happen in the spring/summer/early fall. My best shows are in August, since brides are ready to book me for the following summer, or will be ready shortly.
I did a show that came highly recommended by a DJ vendor in the area in March, and I did not get ONE SINGLE bride from it. Great feedback, but either the brides were last minute and I was booked for their date, or they weren't ready because their wedding was 2011. Now the DJ probably gets a ton of bookings because brides ARE ready to book a DJ for next year.
Does that make sense?
If I were you, I would figure out the general location you want to aim your marketing towards, find a month or season, and then choose one big one and one small one.
I always get a corner booth too- helps with samples icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%