How Do I Incorporate These Ideas Into A Thank You Cake? ...

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 4:41am by madgeowens

emiyeric Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 4

My little guy's 1st grade teacher has been beyond wonderful this year, and I wanted to make her a cake for the end of the year (not for the class, just for her). I already know her flavor selection, and I want to do a school-themed cake (though I tossed around the idea of a bouquet-of-flowers cake as a "thank you").

I also want to incorporate a couple of other ideas that my son wanted, to try to personalize it a bit ... she's a HUGE Dallas Cowboy fan, though I know it's not football season; I thought I could also add the logo of her college, since she's a hardcore fan of her alma mater, and she loves hawaiian themes (her classroom is decorated like that).

So, not to try to make this the most scatter-brained cake ever, but somehow make this school-centered and add details ... but on what? Gumpaste notebooks? I can't really put them on "pens" (not big enough) ... and would it be over a chalkboard background, or something different?

Sorry ... dry brain right now, need some inspiration from creative people icon_smile.gif.

3 replies
myslady Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 4

chalkboard that fades into the beach, with a dc towel and a book or something relevant of her alma mater

lizabu Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:31am
post #3 of 4

For me, I think pick one theme and go with it. What if you had the class picture printed as an edible image? The kids might get really excited about that.

madgeowens Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 4:41am
post #4 of 4

Could you do a square, couple layers atleast for height and put things all around the sides that she likes......and on top make a lei of flowers and maybe an apple?

Quote by @%username% on %date%