Thank You!!

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 3:12am by nancyg

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 31 May 2010 , 11:35am
post #1 of 13

I just wanted to say Thank you to everyone at CC who has helped me in the cake decorating world!

Especially Sugarshack, mamawrobin, kitagrl and Dianlm in particular!!
I have bugged the crap out of Sugarshack especially with PM'ing! =)

I don't think enough thanks are given to the cake decorators on this fourm. Thanks to everyone above and others I was able to produce a somewhat decent cake for my baby boy who turned 4!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1692197.html

Thank you again folks!!!! You gals/guys are truly my cake angels!!! =)

12 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 31 May 2010 , 11:47am
post #2 of 13

Awesome cake! you have a very lucky little boy!!!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 31 May 2010 , 11:49am
post #3 of 13

You did an awesome job on his cake, it looks amazing.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 31 May 2010 , 12:12pm
post #4 of 13

Mikel79 that is an awesome Spiderman cake! thumbs_up.gif . Your buttercream looks amazing and I love your design. I really like the way you put the spiders on the circles between the diamonds on the bottom tier. I'm sure that your son loved his cake. I have a Caleb too! icon_smile.gif but mine is 19.

Mikel79 Posted 31 May 2010 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 13

mamawrobin....

Thank you! How old is to old before I have to stop calling my son
"my baby boy" ??? =) =) Time seems like it is flying by....

Thanks again!

nelikate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelikate Posted 31 May 2010 , 12:27pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel79

I don't think enough thanks are given to the cake decorators on this fourm. Thanks to everyone above and others I was able to produce a somewhat decent cake for my baby boy who turned 4!

I think your cake is lots more than "a somewhat decent cake". its amazing, crisp lines, great detail on the cutouts and ribbon roses. Well done

I also agree that we don't give enough thanks to our decorating gurus who are always more than happy to assist when asked. THANK YOU from me too icon_biggrin.gif

Nel

mamawrobin Posted 31 May 2010 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:

mamawrobin....

Thank you! How old is to old before I have to stop calling my son
"my baby boy" ??? =) =) Time seems like it is flying by....

Thanks again!

My oldest son is 32 and he's still MY "baby boy". icon_lol.gif Time does fly. Enjoy every second that you have. It really seems like only yesterday that my children were taking their first step, saying their first words, starting to school..etc. My boys are 32,30,25,19,17 and 15 and my daughter is 20. Each one is my "baby" no matter how old they get. icon_biggrin.gif
I have written a letter to each one of them to be given to them when I'm "gone". Each letter begins with "You always knew you were my favorite" icon_smile.gif Never miss an opportunity to let your son know just how much he means to you.

Mikel79 Posted 31 May 2010 , 8:12pm
post #8 of 13

mamawrobin....

OMG!! Am I reading your post correct?? 7 kids!! God bless you. Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind with just 1. =)

Thanks!

mamawrobin Posted 31 May 2010 , 9:08pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:

mamawrobin....

OMG!! Am I reading your post correct?? 7 kids!! God bless you. Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind with just 1. =)

Thanks!

Since they're so spread out I've always had kids living at home. icon_lol.gif I have three left at home and I'm hoping that by the time the 15 year old graduates (two more years) that I'll be "suffering" from empty nest syndrome....LOL....Of course now I have grandchildren...six of them. But they don't live with me. icon_biggrin.gif

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 31 May 2010 , 9:24pm
post #10 of 13

alright all of you cake angels....I need some help and I dont know where to post these questions.

Dont want to break any rules...just dont know.

This is what I need. When see a beautiful cake on the home site, and put it to my favorites. Sometimes I have a question for the artist. How can I find out how to pm them? I know when I am here I can just clik it. But dont know how when they are a picture...All I have is their name no place to clik?????

Thank you

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 31 May 2010 , 9:33pm
post #11 of 13

Nancyg - When you are in photos or pictures, just look above the cake description where it says "Uploaded by". That is a clickable link that will take you right to that persons profile, and from there you can click the "PM" button to the left side there. icon_smile.gif

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 31 May 2010 , 11:35pm
post #12 of 13

Decent cake my hiney...that is a kick ass cake...great job..perfect and flawless!!!

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 3:12am
post #13 of 13

Darthburn,

Thank you, thank you, thank you........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%