Help

Decorating By MommaDukes Updated 2 Jun 2010 , 1:13am by KayMc

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 29 May 2010 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 6

I baked a red velvet cake yesterday, I am making a Memorial Day cake to take to some friends house for a visit.
I was getting ready to make homemade creamcheese frosting to put under my fondant. I see a can of creamcheese frosting in the pantry.
OH, this will save me some time. I frost the cake last night, well I'm thinking is this what creamcheese frosting smells like, thinking oh well I haven't used a can of creamcheese frosting in a while and the allergies have my nose wacky.
This morning and adding a little more frosting to smooth out the edges,
I tear off the label and start to wash my container and I see the expiration date of 10-2009!! on the bottom.

I have scraped off all the icing as much as I can, the hubby is saying it's no big deal they have to put a date on it. I am sure it's still ok. yeah right

My question is would you scrap the entire cake and start over or is the small amount of frosting still on the cake ok?

I made this red velvet from scratch no box mix doctored up. HELP/

5 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 29 May 2010 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 6

When in doubt, throw it out. I agree with the DH that lots of things are ok to used after the sell by, but if it smells bad it probably is. Start over from the bottom up.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 29 May 2010 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 6

No offense, but I think you've double posted several times this week. Are you posts not showing up for you?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 29 May 2010 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

No offense, but I think you've double posted several times this week. Are you posts not showing up for you?

It looks like she is posting in multiple forums at the same time. So doesn't look to be that it is an accident.

See duplicate post in other forum for more responses.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-682370-.html

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:16am
post #5 of 6

when I click on quick reply it is doing a new post, I guess I am doing something wrong

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 1:13am
post #6 of 6

Never take the chance. You can die from food poisoning, you can have kidney failure, or you can just have diarrhea/vomiting. Do not take the chance, as people can die from this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%