Where Can I Find Brown Sprinkles!??

Baking By sweetstellatreats Updated 28 May 2010 , 8:28pm by sweetcakes

sweetstellatreats Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 12

i've looked on all my cake decorating websites and cannot fine brown sprinkles (not jimmies) anywhere! HELP!!
also, which tip is used for this cupcake



11 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 12

The tip looks like a Wilton 1M

Sorry, but I have no idea about the sprinkles

carmijok Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 12

when you say 'sprinkles' and you don't mean jimmies...what are you talking about? You can always grate chocolate or crumbled chocolate cookies if you're wanting some kind of topping that's brown. Don't believe I've seen any brown glitter. You might be able to color sugar and make your own brown sugar sprinkles.

jenng1482 Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 12

I color large grain sugar all the time. Its way cheaper than buying each color when you need it. Place what you will need in a small plastic container with a lid with your usual icing color. I prefer Americolor gel for this over the Wilton paste as it just blends better. Then shake, shake, shake!!

Darth_Aerdna Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 12

If you check the King Arthur Flour website I believe that they have some sort of Chocolate flecks- that may work for you
Here is the website

bakedbycody Posted 27 May 2010 , 6:07pm
post #6 of 12
soledad Posted 27 May 2010 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 12

You can go to your nearest ice cream shop icon_biggrin.gif . I have seen all kinds of these little things and they will sell it to you if you ask them! You can allso "smash" some oreo cookies!!!or grate some chocolate. About the tip I do not know, sorry icon_sad.gif .

sweetstellatreats Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:28am
post #8 of 12

THANK YOU ALL! When I'm talking about sprinkles...I mean the non-pareils.... thanks for your replys!!

sweetstellatreats Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:30am
post #9 of 12

Also, I am putting them around my cake pops...like the picture attached, if that helps...


kileyscakes Posted 28 May 2010 , 2:02am
post #10 of 12

here is someone that sells custom non pareils! http://confectionarydecorations.com/Nonpareils.html

sweetstellatreats Posted 28 May 2010 , 2:19am
post #11 of 12

EXACTLY what i was looking for! Thank you thank you thank you!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Posted 28 May 2010 , 8:28pm
post #12 of 12

its also known as chocolate vermicelli, you could do to any bakery and see if they would sell you 8oz. Albertsons once sold me some, but now they have it in the baking aisle is a small tub.

Quote by @%username% on %date%