Needing Help With Tranferring Pattern On Cake!

Decorating By crkrjax_76 Updated 28 May 2010 , 12:31am by yums

crkrjax_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crkrjax_76 Posted 27 May 2010 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 7

I'm not even sure if it's going to be possible. But I'm attempting to make a New Moon (Twilight) cake for my niece. I am wanting to put the tattoo the wolf pack has on the top of the cake. I don't have any edible paper, but I was going to trace it on parchment paper, then trace it lightly on the fondant to make the outlines and then color in with edible markers. Does this sound feasible? This is the pattern I want to put on the top

6 replies
MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 27 May 2010 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know where you live, but where I am I know of 2 businesses close by that will print and image for you on edible paper. You may want to ask around. I know my hands aren't steady enought to trace something like that.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 27 May 2010 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 7

How about a FBCT?

crkrjax_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crkrjax_76 Posted 27 May 2010 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

How about a FBCT?

I'll look into it! Where in Central Kentucky do you live? I'm originally from Campbellsville!

krafty310 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krafty310 Posted 27 May 2010 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 7

here's my suggestion. It will take time but it will work. First, make a mirror image copy of your design. Then, with parchment or wax paper on top, fill in the black protion of your design with chocolate (dark chocolate). Use a toothpick or small bursh. Work on a steady surface you can move like a sheet pan or cutting board that will fit in your fridge/freezer. Put it in the fridge or freezer to set up. When it is set, gently pour white chocolate over the enitre design to fill in the white spaces. Be careful not to smudge the dark chocolate. Reset in frigde/freezer. Gently peel off of the paper so as not to crack it and place on top of your cake. I've done it with lettering and other pictures (like from coloring books) it works great and they look beautiful.

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:16am
post #6 of 7

You could also try color flow. Same ideas as the chocolate but with royal icing.

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:31am
post #7 of 7

I would make my own stencil, maybe out of cardstock and airbrush it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%