Problems With Cricut Cake

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 27 May 2010 , 4:32am by bostonterrierlady

bostonterrierlady Posted 26 May 2010 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 4

Couple of questions. The white blade housing. There was a round clear piece on the blade when it shipped. Ot os a soft silicone piece. Do I remove this? When you replace the blade do you getr a whole new white housing unit. I see no was that is unscrews. I have spent 3 hours working with mine. Only got a few simple shapes. Nothing intricut will work. Tried Wilton fondant with tylose. Not much success. Any help would be appreciated.

3 replies
catlharper Posted 26 May 2010 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 4

Lots of threads on this so I'll condense...as for the frosted plastic on the housing of the blade, that's the "gasket" that holds it in place. I can't remember if the replacement blades come with more of those or not. In any case, don't throw it away.

I rolled out my fondant with tylose about the thickness of a dime and let it set up over night and that seemed to work best for me in cutting out of shapes.

Karen421 Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:17am
post #3 of 4

I love my Cricut Cake, but it does take some practice and patience. It you click on search and type- Cricut Cake - in the search query, you will get something like 435 threads. Read as much as you can and it will help you a lot!!!! Good Luck!!

bostonterrierlady Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:32am
post #4 of 4

What speed and pressure do you usually use for fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%