Problems With Cricut Cake

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 27 May 2010 , 4:32am by bostonterrierlady

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 26 May 2010 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 4

Couple of questions. The white blade housing. There was a round clear piece on the blade when it shipped. Ot os a soft silicone piece. Do I remove this? When you replace the blade do you getr a whole new white housing unit. I see no was that is unscrews. I have spent 3 hours working with mine. Only got a few simple shapes. Nothing intricut will work. Tried Wilton fondant with tylose. Not much success. Any help would be appreciated.

3 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 26 May 2010 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 4

Lots of threads on this so I'll condense...as for the frosted plastic on the housing of the blade, that's the "gasket" that holds it in place. I can't remember if the replacement blades come with more of those or not. In any case, don't throw it away.

I rolled out my fondant with tylose about the thickness of a dime and let it set up over night and that seemed to work best for me in cutting out of shapes.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:17am
post #3 of 4

I love my Cricut Cake, but it does take some practice and patience. It you click on search and type- Cricut Cake - in the search query, you will get something like 435 threads. Read as much as you can and it will help you a lot!!!! Good Luck!!

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:32am
post #4 of 4

What speed and pressure do you usually use for fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%