Bride Wants To Talk To My Other Brides??

Business By Bozilla_Cakes Updated 30 May 2010 , 11:45pm by thebarley7

Bozilla_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bozilla_Cakes Posted 30 May 2010 , 9:38pm
post #61 of 62

I emailed her and stated my policy again and told her very nicely that I understand if she is not comfortable with it and that my only other suggestion would be to check out some other cake places in town. I told her to please let me know if there was anything else I could do for her (just trying to be polite).

Have not heard anything back yet and am actually really relieved because I was really starting to agree with everyone that she would probably find something to complain about the day of. Don't need or want to deal with that stress.

Thanks for everyone getting me through that!

thebarley7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebarley7 Posted 30 May 2010 , 11:45pm
post #62 of 62

Hi there. I am opening my own shop soon and have been devouring all these posts. I have been doing cakes for over 25 years. The last 4 I have worked at a major supermarket chain here in the south, with a reputation for the store being "above average". Anyway, after doing over 100 cakes a week for the last 175 weeks, we have discovered a system to "flag" a customer we feel is going to give the store a hard time no matter what. This supermarket chain is known for superior customer service and will give you your cake for free no matter what. Even if you bring back one slice and then say you don't like it. Even if you make SURE the name is right before they leave the store so they can't come back later and get a refund because you spelled the name wrong. (yup, $100 cake refunded). Even if you come in, say the flavor was wrong, have no receipt, no proof you even bought one, and get another one for free to replace it, I could go on and on. Anyway, we are running about 90% accurate in guessing who is going to try to take advantage of the customer satisfaction policy. We "flag" those orders and warn the mgt. that there is going to be a problem.

I would have flagged your bride. You were right to not waver from your policy. Good intuition on your part.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%