Sigh...tasting

Decorating By karateka Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 10:14pm by karateka

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:51am
post #31 of 37

You can't even go to a grocery store and ask to "taste a cake" before you buy it and the woman has the nerve to ask for a tasting for a small 50 person wedding AND 12 days before the event? Wow...just wow...

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:30am
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

If I had some trimmin's, I might throw some her way.

That's all the cake lady I hired for my wedding did. We sat looking through her books while munching on scraps from a cake she was working on. This bride doesn't even deserve that!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:34am
post #33 of 37

Well....I've got no trimmings. And I'm running smack out of patience, too. icon_lol.gif

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:39am
post #34 of 37

hehehe...(I'm not the only one on at this hour...430am in NY) She doesnt deserve them anyways! Do you have an enemy that could use a little business icon_twisted.gif

karateka Posted 27 May 2010 , 7:51am
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minstrelmiss

hehehe...(I'm not the only one on at this hour...430am in NY) She doesnt deserve them anyways! Do you have an enemy that could use a little business icon_twisted.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 27 May 2010 , 12:31pm
post #36 of 37

Is it possible she asked before she'd thought it out? or that she was trying to 'go through the motions' she'd been told was procedure (maybe all those informational reads don't tell the b-t-b that a tasting is probably not likely if time is limited).

She may be in need of a little gentle guidance. Maybe her lack of knowledge is being mistaken for a bridezilla in the making.

(woke up this morning with another possibility as to the why that was bugging me)

karateka Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 10:14pm
post #37 of 37

Well, here I am, at the end of June 1st and no contact from this lady. Guess the no tasting rule was a deal breaker.

Had another lady who promised to let me know how big her cake needed to be so I could quote her a price by LAST Thursday. So either she decided on no cake or a competitor's cake. Nice that they let me know they won't be using me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%