Help With Loop Bow

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 28 May 2010 , 12:29am by southernswthrt

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:04am
post #1 of 8

I am having no luck with trying to make a loopy bow to put on top of my cake...this is the second time I have tried....not quite sure what I am doing wrong.....does anyone know of a video tutorial? Doug....JanH?

7 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:15am
post #2 of 8

there is a tutorial on c/c under articles. Also cakeboss.com. Click forums, the how do i, you will see a sticky on lots of tutorial. hth

yvonne123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvonne123 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:39am
post #3 of 8
Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:55am
post #4 of 8

thank you both....i will give it another go tomorrow!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 27 May 2010 , 12:52pm
post #5 of 8

Where are you having trouble? I've done two, and both turned out decently (see my photos).

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 27 May 2010 , 1:05pm
post #6 of 8

I used the cakeboss tutorial for the first (and so far only) one I made and was very happy with it. Lying the loops on the side to dry seemed easier than looping them over a dowel.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 27 May 2010 , 1:23pm
post #7 of 8

There's a tutorial in my signature below. icon_smile.gif

southernswthrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernswthrt Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:29am
post #8 of 8

I made my first fondant loop bow last month based on cakeboss.com as well as the tutorial here on cake central. I had my husband make me one of those fondant loop bow dryers out of pvc, mixed a little tylose in my Satin Ice fondant, let the loops dry for 5 days on the dryer, used wilton candy melts for the glue, and I thought it came out great and hope that it wasn't beginner's luck and I can do it again!

I made extra loops and also made a few that were shorter than most for the top of the bow. I put it together on a piece of wax paper inside of my 6 inch round cake pan and left it sit in there overnight.

There's a picture of the cake and bow in my photos...hth good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%