Mod Monkey Copyright?

Decorating By genevieveyum Updated 25 May 2010 , 12:27am by genevieveyum

genevieveyum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genevieveyum Posted 24 May 2010 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 4

I'm using the Mod Monkey invite from Evites for my daughter's party, but when I do the cake, I want to have the photo on my website and available for others if requested. Does anyone know who owns the copyright to this design? Thanks!!! birthday.gif

3 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 May 2010 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 4

do you have any of the plates or napkins? I just did a quick google search and gets lots of hits, but the writing on the plate is too small for me to read.

I would start there, with whatever is printed on the invites/plates/napkins etc.....

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 May 2010 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 4

I missed that you had actually posted that you found it on evites.com. So i went to look and it says the copyright holder is Celebrate Express (it's in the lower lefthand corner of the card). Looks like that is the first place to start.

genevieveyum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genevieveyum Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:27am
post #4 of 4

So I went back to Evite too and called their copyright lawyer (whose number is actually listed on their site!). He said that I coudl go ahead and make the cake for my daughter, but I had better not put it on my site and I can't sell it. Just an FYI to folks who have been following along on the copyright discussion... better to ask and be turned down than not to ask and be sued! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%