Airbrushing...too Easy?

Decorating By QueenMo Updated 23 May 2010 , 12:12pm by leily

QueenMo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenMo Posted 23 May 2010 , 4:42am
post #1 of 5

i don't see much about airbrushing on the forums, does anyone have any tips or tutorials on airbrushing? or anything to say about it? icon_smile.gif i already know the basics of it and can figure out different effects just by practice. I also don't see it used in wedding cakes much... is it just a "fun cake" type of thing?

i know they're silly questions, but i was just curious cause i didn't see much about it, or i might just not be looking hard enough. icon_eek.gif

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 May 2010 , 6:27am
post #2 of 5

I searched for "airbrushing" and got 1302 hits...

HTH

QueenMo Posted 23 May 2010 , 6:57am
post #3 of 5

lol i must have typed it wrong

QueenMo Posted 23 May 2010 , 6:59am
post #4 of 5

yeah i figured it out i wrote just airbrush and it didn't come back with much. i'm so smart, lol

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 23 May 2010 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 5

I just used it on a wedding cake this weekend, and on an anniversary cake last week. (haven't been able to post the pics yet though)

This week the bride wanted a base color of dark navy, instead of trying to color my icing, i just airbrushed the whole thing, worked SOOOO much better.

This fondant covered cake here is also airbrushed blue, for me it's a timesaver. I don't have to guesstimate how much fondant/buttercream to color and I can achieve my colors pretty accurately with the airbrush.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1397586

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%