Can This Cake Be Saved?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 22 May 2010 , 2:48pm by cheatize

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 6

My 1/2 sheet choc WASC has given me grief from the beginning (see photo below). When I tried to move it, it cracked. And my torting was a disaster!
Now, I need to use it as a base cake for my pregnant belly cake, but do not think it is stable enough? If I was not putting anything else on top of it, I would freeze it and ice it frozen.
I would like to salvage it (if possible) for this project- any suggestions/ideas? TIA
LL

5 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 6

To be honest, I would just bake a new one. Once it's cracked in half like that, the stability is compromised.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 22 May 2010 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 6

I agree, for the stability alone i would re-bake

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 22 May 2010 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 6

Just make cake balls out of this one!

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 22 May 2010 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with making a new cake. You could always make a chocolate cake triffle from this extra cake too! YUM.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 May 2010 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 6

I had a large oval break in half. I repaired it successfully and put a torted character cake on top. The only problem I had was that I didn't put it on a strong enough cake board and the icing would get hairline cracks whenever I moved it. As soon as I put it on a stronger cake board, the cracking stopped. I didn't even put any dowels in it, as this was before I knew any better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%