Help! Instructions For Gum Paste Ballet Slippers

Decorating By onegreengal Updated 18 May 2010 , 9:09pm by sweetflowers

onegreengal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onegreengal Posted 18 May 2010 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 14

Hello, it's recital time and I'm making a ballerina theme cake for my DD.
I made the gum paste and now need to mould the slippers, but don't know where to start... I found a template for a slipper on this site but really need step-by-step instructions. I'm new to cake decorating so there's lots of room for improvement. I appreciate your help!

13 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 14

Hi, here is te ballet template from here.

http://media.cakecentral.com/files/balletshoepattern_644.jpg

HTH. icon_smile.gif

onegreengal Posted 18 May 2010 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 14

I saw the template... but do not know what to do after I cut it out. I imagine it has to be draped on something to get the right shape and then stuffed? Anyway, thanks!

bashini Posted 18 May 2010 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 14

I would make a sausage using lot of saran wrap and keep it on the sole so that the other part can stay upright and not bend inside. icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 May 2010 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 14

That's a great template!! Thanks for sharing! icon_biggrin.gif

bashini Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 14

You are welcome! icon_smile.gif

onegreengal Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:29pm
post #7 of 14

Makes sense - thanks!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:54pm
post #8 of 14

Well Shoot! I searched all over for a ballet shoe pattern with NO success. I then ended up making my own. It took a couple tries and I swear it looks almost exactly like this.

onegreengal Posted 18 May 2010 , 8:09pm
post #9 of 14

That's great that you were able to make ballet slippers on your own. Now you'll remember for the 2nd time... do you have pics?

sweetflowers Posted 18 May 2010 , 8:34pm
post #10 of 14

thanks, but it took me hours!!! Would have been a lot easier to have found this and I searched all over CC. They really didn't come out well, but I do have a pic

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 May 2010 , 8:42pm
post #11 of 14

p/m cakebaker. her web site is www.sugarcreations.com. she is on another thread helping people with this. i don,t know how to put the thread on this thread. but cakebaker is the one who tells how to on the other thread.hth

onegreengal Posted 18 May 2010 , 8:52pm
post #12 of 14

Hi - Do you know how we can find the thread? That would be helpful!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:09pm
post #14 of 14

I did use a piece of paste on the toe of the shoe, and then wrapped the top template piece around the shoe. You could use batting or plastic wrap or foam too to help form the front. The important thing for me was to make sure to 'ball' the toe, that made it much easier to cup the front. If you do this, the toe will curl/cup and make it much easier to attach (at least for me it was). And I also folded a small amount of the top template paste onto the underside of the sole to attach it.

Although I didn't do the top with the clay gun, I was going to just pipe it, but ran out of time, probably one reason they didn't come out like I wanted, so I would recommend the clay gun or piping to top edge.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%