Allergen Free Chocolate

Decorating By jennywenny Updated 19 May 2010 , 7:07pm by jennywenny

jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 18 May 2010 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,
I've done a search and I cant find anything. I'm looking for chocolate and cocoa that is nut free. I normally use callebut but it says on the packet that it may be produced in a facility with nuts. Any other recommendation?

Also, looking for cocoa, I think hersheys is ok? I usually use ghiradelli but I'm not sure if that is nut free?

I already understand the risks, I'm just looking for allergen free chocolate!

3 replies
ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 4

Have you tried a health food store/natural food store?

I have used products recommended by this book:
[/url]http://www.amazon.com/dp/1587613484/?tag=cakecentral-20[url].

You can also do a search on Amazon.com in their grocery section:
[/url]http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_274509822_16?ie=UTF8&node=16317461&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=browse&pf_rd_r=13VBN7VR0CPZ2CKMJAMD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1263441262&pf_rd_i=16310101[url].

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif [/url]

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 19 May 2010 , 12:22pm
post #3 of 4

A health food store is where I usually go. They are very helpful and can usually come up with some other suggestions. (my good friend and her kids are allergic to dairy, whey, nuts, some colorings, & all hooved animals) I have used Hershey coco for her.

jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 19 May 2010 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the suggestions. I went to whole foods and they had a cocoa I could use (which was also fair trade and organic, karma points too!) and some chocolate chips which will work. I also found non-aluminium baking powder, for some reason all the other stores have switched, so it was well worth the trip and for once it wasnt a 'whole paycheck'!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%