Ri Or Ct

Decorating By CakesIMake Updated 17 May 2010 , 6:30pm by cakemom42

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 17 May 2010 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make a topper with a bratz doll & was just wondering which one of the two would hold up better & not brake as easily..i've never done a CT before but if it is a bit more solid I'll definitely give it a try

3 replies
lilrhodybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilrhodybaker Posted 17 May 2010 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 4

Hi...
I haven't used a chocolate transfer, but I did use Royal Icing for a Superman logo! It came out great and everyone loved it. I did make two just to be on the safe side, in case one broke, luckly I didn't need the extra.

I found that I was able to do the logo over a couple of days too, rather than in just one sitting (I don't know about you, but when I have a cake due, TONS of distractions come up)!

Good Luck

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 4

Either one will work. They are both thin and can break, so you just have to be careful. You can add more chocolate to the back of the CT to make it a bit more sturdier.

I prefer the CT over RI. A big plus that CT has over RI is that it will harden and be able to be handled after sitting in the fridge for 20 mins. RI takes at least a day to completely dry. The CT's also taste a lot better than RI. icon_smile.gif

If you look at my pics you'll see all sorts of CTs.

cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 4

You could also make a plaque out of fondant, gumpaste, or pastillage.
Then make an edible image & place it on the plaque using royal icing as a border. This could be used as a keep sake after the event. :0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%