How Do I Make This Into A 2 Layer?

Decorating By ajmccray Updated 17 May 2010 , 1:04pm by ajmccray

ajmccray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajmccray Posted 17 May 2010 , 3:13am
post #1 of 5

I have someone wanting a luau themed cake. I sent her a pic of a luau cake I did (hopefully it's below) and she likes it. So, because she's needing to feed more I'm going to make it 2 tier. We decided on putting the bottom tier as an ocean. She likes all of the design elements. Now, in thinking about it, how do I do the waterfall from top tier to bottom tier and keep it as a separate design element than the ocean? Does that make sense? The only thing I've come up with so far is putting the "sand" on the top of the bottom tier and having the waterfall end there. Does that make sense? Just wanted any more ideas before I talked to her about the options. Thanks!

Angela
LL

4 replies
ajmccray Posted 17 May 2010 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 5

Giving myself a bump since I posted late at night! icon_smile.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 May 2010 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 5

not everyone is able to see photos posted in the forums right now (it's a clitch with Cake Central, not something you did)

Do you have a link to the photo that is somewhere else so we can see it and help?

dinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinascakes Posted 17 May 2010 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 5

I looked up your photo and I think its the one with the pirouline border and surf board. right? I would do the top tier just like that one and have the waterfall spill into the bottom tier that you said would be the ocean. Why can't the waterfall just fall into the ocean? I think it would look very nice and then have fish and coral and other stuff going around the bottom tier. That would make a great looking cake! Good luck and post a pic when you're done!

ajmccray Posted 17 May 2010 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, Dina that is the one I'm talking about. That's what I had originally thought about doing too. My hang up is that I used tinted piping gel over the waterfall to give it the shiny water look, and I won't be doing that on the whole ocean tier so....?? I agree that is the best idea, to just have the waterfall trickle to the ocean, but how do I deal with the piping gel part?? Thanks so much for the help!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%