Frozen Bc Transfer

Decorating By lilyankee5688 Updated 17 May 2010 , 4:57pm by TexasSugar

lilyankee5688 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyankee5688 Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 5

I'm going to attempt my first FBCT tonight.. any suggestions/tips on how to make it not have the "wormy" effect..

4 replies
noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:32am
post #2 of 5

very very gently smooth the back witha knife after youve done, p[utting a bit of pressure on it. also, you dont want the b/c to be too thick in consistency.. you want it to be runny, but firm enough to still be pipeable..d oes that amke sense? lol

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 5

I do my icing a soft medium, and instead of piping lines I let the icing build out away from the tip as I am going. Think about how you do a dot where you hold the tip in one place as the dot forms around it. I just have the bag at a 45 degree angle instead of 90 and move it along the way as I go.

Piping in lines gives you the wormy affect.

Also after it has been in the frifge for about 10-15 mins I flip it over and run my hand over the top, lightly squishing out any worms. I also viva it after it goes on the cake.

BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 17 May 2010 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 5

I'm getting ready to try this technique too. How far in advance can it be done and stay in the freezer? Or does it need to set up in the fridge?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 May 2010 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 5

I've heard of people doing them days in advance. If you do that you just want to make sure the image is covered well or it can pick up freezer smells.

Personally I usually do mine the day I need it, so mine hasn't been in the freezer longer than over night.

I'm not understanding what you mean by 'set up in the fridge'?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%