Need Cookie Ideas Please

Baking By sweetcreationsbykimberly Updated 15 May 2010 , 2:49pm by tastyart

sweetcreationsbykimberly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcreationsbykimberly Posted 15 May 2010 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 4

I have a lady wanting 3 cookie bouquets for her grandkids. 2 are girls 5 and 6. The other is a boy who is 6 also. The girls take Jazz and hiphop. And the boy just takes hiphop. these are for their dance recital. I just can not think what to do for these type of dancing. Any and all ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance

3 replies
ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 15 May 2010 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 4

I would use bright colors for sure. Maybe integrate the colors from their recital outfits. For the jazz bouquets you could do some horns- saxophone, trumpet, etc. and maybe a treble or bass clef symbol. I keep thinking about "spirit fingers" - hands open with palms facing out and super outstretched fingers.... The hip hop is a little harder. All I can come up with for that is maybe a silhouette of someone break dancing? But I don't have a clue how the heck you'd manage that....

LilaLoa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilaLoa Posted 15 May 2010 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 4

Do a google image search for hip-hop. And click on the clip art filter. That way you know what designs/colors people associate with it. Like big pants, backward hats, microphones, grafiti, and yes...boomboxes!

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 15 May 2010 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 4

You could check to see if there is a theme for their recital. The "jazz hand" thing is a good idea. You could make an open hand with a swirly design in the palm or something. The saxophone and other instruments might not be the best. Jazz dance doesn't necessarily mean they dance to jazz. That would make too much sense. icon_smile.gif I think I would deffinately find out what theme their recital is or their particular number.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%