Big Rose Cutter By Rvo

Decorating By onlymadaresane Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 1:53pm by mpetty

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 14 May 2010 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 6

Are there instructions with this baby!?

The curve of the petal cutter for some reason are really throwing me off, it's like one of those whirly plastic flowers that go outside.

I tried a google- and I got a video of her molds on youtube, but not the big rose cutter.

Thanks!

5 replies
AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 6

No, RVO does not supply instructions with her products. I will keep after her to add them in the future. Alan

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:12am
post #3 of 6

Hi, just came across this post while surfing the GSA forum for the first time. I'm waiting for these cutters to be restocked so I can get them but in the meantime wanted to offer my thoughts.

I wonder if, adding petals from left to right, you're supposed to leave the right side of the petal unattached, so that when adding the next petal you would tuck the smaller left side of petal #2 under the larger right side of petal #1. Doing that all the way around, when you got to petal #5 the right side of that petal would then fall over the smaller left side of petal #1, finishing the row. Make any sense?

I'm excited to try these because I'm hoping the unique shape will make for a beautiful curl to the petal edges. Every morning I'm hoping to see that email from GSA to tell me they've been restocked, but alas, not yet.

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 6

The cutters definitely are on order but we do not expect them in for 4-6 weeks. They come from Peru and orders generally take more than 8-10 weeks to fulfill. Alan

mpetty Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 1:11pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks, Alan. I saw in one of your other posts that cutters can take up to 12 weeks, and I seemed to recall that these came from South America, so I figured it would take a while. Oh well, guess I'll play with my other cutters 'til then. icon_biggrin.gif

mpetty Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 1:53pm
post #6 of 6

deleted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%