Would U Ice And Decorate A Wedding Cake You Didnt Make?

Business By YummyChoo Updated 17 May 2010 , 8:01pm by tesso

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 16 May 2010 , 12:18am
post #31 of 40

I still don't see a problem with supplying decorations. There are bakeries in my town that sell their frosting and they aren't given credit when someone asks who made the cake (or blame if it's dry, etc). And the baking supply stores here sell drop flowers and other decorations that they make. Again, they aren't named when someone asks who made the cake. I think if you only supply the decorations, your name wouldn't be given as the person who MADE the cake. Just my 2 cents.

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 16 May 2010 , 12:23am
post #32 of 40

I agree with Leah..... HELL NO!

krafticakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krafticakes Posted 16 May 2010 , 12:26am
post #33 of 40

i'll decorate a store bought cake. i've asked safeway if they will sell their round or sheet cakes plain with no decorations just icing - and they said yes. i just thought about asking them coz a friend told me that she really liked the cake there but wanted me to decorate it with fondant. so, i guess, if it's grocery or bakery bought, why not?

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 16 May 2010 , 1:00am
post #34 of 40

NO WAY!!!!

JanelleH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanelleH Posted 16 May 2010 , 1:58am
post #35 of 40

I would ice and decorate store bought cakes, such as those that are ordered by grocery stores, because they go through quality control and are sealed in plastic. I would never agree to ice and decorate a homemade cake, under any circumstances, because you just don't know. Cupcakes, maybe, if I had a signed waiver such as another poster said she did.

That said, I have no problem selling the decorating supplies; a tub of icing, RI roses and leaves, or GP flowers. Then they get to do the work themselves, and next time they'll just order the whole cake from me thumbs_up.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 May 2010 , 2:52am
post #36 of 40

No. no no no no no no!

cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:29pm
post #37 of 40

Nope, would not... Insurance liability, credibility, & a host of other things listed on this thread...

But I would make decorations & sell them seperately, (more money for the college fund :0)

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:51pm
post #38 of 40

Nope

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:55pm
post #39 of 40

I had this happen to me just this weekend. 11:00 saturday morning phone rings, i answer and this lady wants to know how long it would take me to decorate the cake SHE just baked. not asking if i would do such a thing, just assuming that I would and how long it would take. She could "meet me to get it" now.

i told her that i don't do that, the cakes i make are made by me 100%. she kept on and on and said that the party wasn't until 2:00 that afternoon... ok... what part of I don't do that do you not understand?!? she was getting mad at me. i'm like wth?

i politely told her that I was working on 4 other orders that were to go out that afternoon, that I was sorry I couldn't help her and hung up the phone. I wanted to tell her that she should have gotten a couple cans of DH when she was at the store. people amaze me!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:01pm
post #40 of 40

No way in hades. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%