Is There Anyway I Can Make This Right?

Business By sweetlayers Updated 11 May 2010 , 6:27pm by ninjacaker

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 5

I missed a bridal consultation on Friday evening and had no idea I missed it until the bride sent me an email on Monday and asked what happened to me.

I went back and looked at my calendar and it was not listed there, but when I looked at our email correspondance I saw that I was the one who suggested we meet on that day at that time. icon_redface.gif

I am so embarrassed. I immediately called her back with an apology and a discount. She sounded so disappointed. Plus, her fiance lives out of town had driven lots of miles to be there. icon_cry.gif

I can't even hold my head up right now. Any suggestions on how I can make this up to her? I can't afford to be loosing any bridal clients right now.

(Sobbing with my head in my hands.)

4 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 5

We all make mistakes from time to time especially when we are super busy. I think you offered all that you needed to offer. If they reschedule with you great if not let it go. I know that is hard but there may be a "divine" reason why it did not get placed on the calendar. Also, the bride-to-be should have had a contact phone number for you to call the moment you weren't there. That way at least you might have actually had an opportunity to "save the day". So her not being prepared with a contact number for you, and you inadvertantly leaving the date off your calendar is why the opportunity was missed, so not really all your fault. I know that if I had an appointment with someone, had driven many miles to get there and a reschedule would be difficult I sure know I would make sure I had someway to contact the person I was meeting with in the event of an emergency, and I certainly would have been blowing up their phone to get them to my meeting asap if I was there and they weren't!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 5

I totally feel for you, I completely forgot a cake order before......luckily they were wanting to pick it up the day before the party so when there was NO CAKE I was still able to fill the order and deliver before the party began the next day, but what a rush!

I would offer the to bring the samples to the bride if you can do that! That way it doesn't inconvenience her again, along with a discount should be enough!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I totally feel for you, I completely forgot a cake order before......luckily they were wanting to pick it up the day before the party so when there was NO CAKE I was still able to fill the order and deliver before the party began the next day, but what a rush!

I would offer the to bring the samples to the bride if you can do that! That way it doesn't inconvenience her again, along with a discount should be enough!

I was going to suggest that you do the same.

ninjacaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninjacaker Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with cakesdivine. You offered her a discount, that's all you can really do. Everyone makes mistakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%