Cricut Cake /shattered Frosting Sheets

Decorating By umicakes Updated 11 May 2010 , 6:18pm by umicakes

umicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umicakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 6

How do I use the cricut cake without shattering the frosting sheets it comes with? what settings should I use? Thanks guys.

5 replies
TPACakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPACakeGirl Posted 11 May 2010 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 6

I just got mine today for my birthday. I haven't even taken it out of the box. What do you mean by shattering the sheets?

Danielle42785 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle42785 Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 6

I had problems with it to. I peeled the frosting off the sheet it came on and then put a good amount of shortening on the cutting mat. You also have to put the pressure and speed settings on low or min. It worked for me. Hope it works for you !

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 6

I have not used the frosting sheeting but if they are shattering when you are trying to use them it sounds like they are too dry. I would contact the place that you got them from. I dont think they are suppose to do that..

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 6

Went to a demo at Joanns here on Sat, what a joke! Even the demonstrator couldn't get her sheets to cut right. You would think they would have had these pople trained up before trying to sell your product??

She did however give a tip, which is to put shortening on the mat AND the back of the frosting sheet. That seemed to work a little better.
I will have to try it if I ever get mine back from HSN.......

umicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umicakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPACakeGirl

I just got mine today for my birthday. I haven't even taken it out of the box. What do you mean by shattering the sheets?

When I tried using the sheets, they would lift and completely crack from blade. As said by another post-er, I think my settings were too high.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%