Hagerstown/frederick Md Stores That Sell Gumpaste Flowers???

Decorating By madicakes Updated 12 May 2010 , 2:06am by Tammy21122

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 6

Hello there,

I have a wedding cake this weekend. I ordered premade gumpaste Calla Lilies, because I have never made them myself. Well, the company I ordered them from has not shipped them yet, nor are they replying to my many emails. There isn't a telephone number on their website (which should have been a tip to not order from them!).

Anyone know of any stores local to the Frederick, MD area, or chain stores, that sell premade gumpaste flowers?

How difficult are Calla Lilies to make??

Thanks!

5 replies
justinsnaynay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justinsnaynay Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 6

I don't kmow about in Frederick but there is a cake store in Fallston on Belair Road. The name is the cake Cottage and their number is 1-888-529-1257. They do sell gumpaste flowers in many colors and sizes. They are off of 95 North.

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 6

If you don't mind a little drive, you could try Fran's cake and candy in Fairfax. Sallie's got a lot of pre-made flowers... I'd call first before I drove, though. Good luck!

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 12 May 2010 , 12:59am
post #4 of 6

There is a store called Cake Plus in Laurel off 198 by the Walmart. Have you tried Walmart. I know Walmart sell a lot of Wilton items. I did a google search with my city and that is how I was able to find Cake Plus. Hope this helps.

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:00am
post #5 of 6

Tonedna has a great calla lily tutorial on You Tube.

Tammy21122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammy21122 Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:06am
post #6 of 6

I just made them for a wedding cake and it was really much easier than I thought

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%