Gerbera Daisies

Decorating By bamberc Updated 11 May 2010 , 12:39pm by Cinderina

bamberc Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:02am
post #1 of 9

I've seen several beautiful cakes with fondant/gumpaste gerbera daisies-how do I make these? What tool(s) do I need and where do I get them? Does anyone have any tips/tricks they can share? I want to decorate my daughter's birthday cake with them, and I need to start practicing! Thanks so much!

Some links (hopefully they work)-these are what I am hoping to make:

8 replies
Paige_Pittman86 Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:16am
post #2 of 9

oh my gosh i have been looking on you tube to day looking for how to make these flowers so when i saw this i got really excited! i hope some people post some really good ideas cause i am at a loss..

icer101 Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:20am
post #3 of 9

hi, click on forums. then how do i. then you will see a sticky: tons of flower tutorials. you will see how this flower and many others are done. hth

kake4me2 Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:23am
post #4 of 9

They are made with a plunger press PME Cutter... they come in different sizes
here is a link to where i bought mine

They are very cute!

lis73 Posted 11 May 2010 , 4:37am
post #5 of 9

Hluterbach a fellow cc'er did a great cake. Take a look at hers. I had her pm me the instructions if you are interested.

Loucinda Posted 11 May 2010 , 11:39am
post #6 of 9

Yes, use the PME plunger/cutter. Cut 2 for each flower. I textured each petal of mine with the "mouth tool" from GSA - then make a center, I used a clean piece of screen material to texture the centers. Here is a pic of the daisies I made - you can do the same for the gerbera ones:

Postal_Cakemaker Posted 11 May 2010 , 11:54am
post #7 of 9

The wedding cake in "My Photos" has blue ones. I just bought the cutter from Sugarcraft and use gumpaste.

Jaimelt76 Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:14pm
post #8 of 9

Here is a link to the tutorial that I used when I made mine.
The cake I made with the gerbera is in my gallery. I used the plunger cutters from country kitchen sweet art. HTH

Cinderina Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:39pm
post #9 of 9

I recently posted a cake with Gerbera daisies. I also used the PME plunger from Country Kitchen Sweetart and followed the instructions from
They're fairly easy to make just time consuming and very fragile. Be sure to make extras. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%