Cake Prices On Chefs Vs. City

Lounge By Elcee Updated 12 May 2010 , 11:19pm by Elcee

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 6

I just watched a DVR'd episode of Chefs vs. City (I don't know when it actually aired) and one of their challenges was to recreate a purse cake at Maddy's Cakes in Atlanta. They announced that these purse cakes START at $200. BTW, that bakery had some gorgeous cakes!

5 replies
akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 9 May 2010 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 6

Cool! I have that show dvr'd to watch tonight!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 May 2010 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 6

I saw that one too - but I didn't catch the $200. I think it's great when businesses list the price of cakes!

Elcee Posted 10 May 2010 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 6

Yep, with all the cake decorating shows that don't discuss prices, I thought it was great that they put that out there. I do hope they didn't
REALLY sell the cakes that the chefs decorated; they were most definitely NOT up to the quality of the cakes they showed from that bakery icon_smile.gif

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

Yep, with all the cake decorating shows that don't discuss prices, I thought it was great that they put that out there. I do hope they didn't
REALLY sell the cakes that the chefs decorated; they were most definitely NOT up to the quality of the cakes they showed from that bakery icon_smile.gif

so true! I was wincing the entire time. But what do I know lol. They came out better than if I had done them icon_razz.gif

Elcee Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:19pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxietyattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

so true! I was wincing the entire time. But what do I know lol. They came out better than if I had done them icon_razz.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%