Just Had To Share This

Lounge By mrspriss0912 Updated 14 May 2010 , 8:58pm by tavyheather

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 8 May 2010 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 5

First off I want to wish everyone a happy mohers day!!!!!
Yesterday my 15 yo DD gave me the most wonderful poem that she wrote for me for mothers day she absolutly would not wait for Sunday she wanted to give it to me right away, then today I was working on a cake and cupcakes for a friends granddaughters birthday party and she asked if she could help decorate..... That made my day and she did a wonderful job!! So I have told her that she made her decorating debut today and it made me proud she has started planning her first decorated cake I cant wait to help her and sort of pass the torch so to speak. I learned from my mother and granny and now it seems that i have the joy of passing it on to her.
I am just so moved both by her poem and by the fact that there is now one more thing to bring us closer together She truly is a gift from God and I love her more and more everyday ......
Happy Mothers day to you all

4 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 8 May 2010 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 5

How wonderful!!! Can I just say count yourself lucky? My daughter, at 15, was an obnoxious, sarcastic brat, as are many teenage girls. Thank God, she outgrew that and is now a joy and a lovely person!

Happy Mother's Day to you, too! icon_razz.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 8 May 2010 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 5

Happy Mother's Day thumbs_up.gif . At 15 my daughter was like JGMB's icon_lol.gif Thank God that she grew out of it. She is now 20 and the mother of a beautiful daughter of her own.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 May 2010 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 5

I was a terrible 15 yo, and grew out of it quickly when I screamed "i hate you" to my own mother at 15 (of course) because she wouldn't pay $300 for me to go on a ski trip with some friends........she turned around, with tears in her eyes and said "That's funny, because I couldn't imagine another person on this earth that I love more than YOU, even right now!"

I just about died!!! I have NEVER disrespected my mom again and we are like best friends to this day!

Now if my 6 yo DD ever speaks to me that way, I hope I can come back with something as nice lol

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 14 May 2010 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I was a terrible 15 yo, and grew out of it quickly when I screamed "i hate you" to my own mother at 15 (of course) because she wouldn't pay $300 for me to go on a ski trip with some friends........she turned around, with tears in her eyes and said "That's funny, because I couldn't imagine another person on this earth that I love more than YOU, even right now!"

I just about died!!! I have NEVER disrespected my mom again and we are like best friends to this day!

Now if my 6 yo DD ever speaks to me that way, I hope I can come back with something as nice lol

that just made me cry..........I was also a total brat....on a side note I'm glad I have boys icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%