Help!!! Cake Transporting Info

Decorating By NKUMama Updated 9 May 2010 , 11:41pm by NKUMama

NKUMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NKUMama Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 3

OK seasoned cake decorators, I need some help! I am decorating and transporting my first wedding cake next weekend. I have to travel from Northern Kentucky to Indianapolis (about 2 1/2 hours) with a 8 inch four layer cake and 100 cupcakes. The cake will be decorated and ready to go, but the cupcakes I am going to decorate there. So any ideas on how to transport these I would sooo appreciate it! I'm kind of nervous about it and need some reassurance!!! Thanks so much!

2 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 3

I'd put the cupcakes in covered boxes and the cake as well. Just make sure that your cake has the proper supports. Since you're not transporting a tiered cake this should be easy peasy. Since the cupcakes aren't going to be decorated they should be fine laying on a flat surface in the trunk. The decorated cake I would sit on the floorboard and run the AC. Good luck thumbs_up.gif .

NKUMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NKUMama Posted 9 May 2010 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you Mamawrobin for the tips. I appreciate the advice and was thinking about packing the cupcakes really good in boxes so that was reassuring!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%