Cricut Cake Reviews In Cc

Decorating By Djor Updated 31 May 2010 , 7:24pm by Suebee

Djor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Djor Posted 8 May 2010 , 12:13pm
post #1 of 14

If you have a cricut cake and have to do a review which one would you choose by your experience with the machine?

icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
Djor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Djor Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:39am
post #2 of 14

Any one? icon_rolleyes.gif

DALIG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DALIG Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:55am
post #3 of 14

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I would said:
icon_biggrin.gif

but i havent get the hang of it, and i still need to get the gumpaste right every time but the times that i have done it right my cuts look pretty amazing, so once i really master i wont have any complaints. I hope.

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 14

I have been wanting to purchase the Cricut Expressions. Our local Wal Mart carries it. However, I went in the other day and they had a newer one, it is black. Does any one know if this is just a color change or is there something different about the machine itself? I could tell it is minus one cartiridge from the other box, but it is the same price. I even went to the Wal Mart web site and it is difficult to compare the two with the information provided. I have emailed Cricut, but who knows when and if I will get a response.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 14

It's probably the same machine, just a different color. They do that with different packages occasionally.

I'd give the Cricut cake a tentative icon_smile.gif , because it works fine but I won't be using it a whole lot unless a bride specifically requests a design that I could use it for. Not a lot of brides are requesting things like that, so the cost vs. usefullness is questionable for me personally.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 14

Still waiting for my machine to be shipped! But I hope its a:

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

momto3frogsand1princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momto3frogsand1princess Posted 9 May 2010 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 14

I just bought mine on Tuesday and am already addicted to it. I used the Wilton Gumaste mix in the can and made it Tues. night. I let it rest until Friday, rolled it out about the same thickness as I would when hand cutting anything else. Greased my mat with Crisco, rolled it out on to the mat, trimmed my edges and put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes. Then I went to practicing with the machine. I had the cut depth on 3 and the speed on 2. I made 2 inch designs that came out perfectly. I will definitely use mine, especially for letter's and sayings and scroll/border work on fondant. So I give my machine: icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . Good luck caking!!!

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 9 May 2010 , 3:25pm
post #8 of 14

it took me some time to get the hang of it i almost sent it back but after some practice i would give it icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif here is a pic of a cake i just did with it.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4590651632_f1f3660e3f_b.jpg

momto3frogsand1princess Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:58pm
post #9 of 14

Very nicely done! Love the design!

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:08pm
post #10 of 14

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I love it! I made the crowns for the cupcakes with my cc. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1662075

CakeMom5001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMom5001 Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:07pm
post #11 of 14

I just got back from Michaels and one of the girls working there told me I could buy the design cartrage ($99) and with it I could draw my designs, scan into my computer and then print from cricut. Has anyone done this? I tried to find info online about this and can't. I really want to be able to print my own designs.

Thanks in advance for any help ...

PS - Got my cricut cake for Mother's day .. but it hasn't been shipped yet, so I got a nice card with a picture.

momto3frogsand1princess Posted 11 May 2010 , 11:54am
post #12 of 14

I found this through 1 of my Cricut Cake Yahoo groups. Thought I would share as the rose is very simple to do and looks very pretty. Hope it helps! www.mulberryvillagestamps.typepad.com

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:59pm
post #13 of 14

Very cool! Thanks for the link momto3frogsand1princess icon_biggrin.gif

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 31 May 2010 , 7:24pm
post #14 of 14

Just bought the Cricut Cake at Michael's - used a print off of the Wal-mart on line price of $290 and they took it. Can't wait to try it. Some questions - why put the gumpaste or fondant in the freezer and doesn't it get sticky/wet once it hits room tempature. Some utube videos show using it straight from the package. Also found software called Sure Cuts A Lot 2 and Make the Cut which looks great and you can download anything - and connect letters to print in one peice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%