Reverse Rose And Apple Blossom

Decorating By rkei Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 10:27pm by rkei

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 7 May 2010 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 5

Questions, questions from me, sorry! I cannot do regular roses; not directly onto the cake, not on a nail, not a stick. Has anyone heard of or done a "reverse" rose? I have heard of it before. How do you do it? (If you post a video link, my computer for some reason won't let me watch videos on Youtube. So sorrry.....) And HOW do you do an apple blossom? I have tried so many time, and get blah. Thanks everybody for your help. I would especially like to thank JGMB- you've been a GREAT help! ~Rachel~

4 replies
mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:03am
post #2 of 5

I haven't heard of reverse roses before so I'm interested in any replies, but have you tried duff roses? If you do a search in the sketches and templates section of the gallery you'll get a few pages of instructions. I thin the top edges of my circles to get a more natural result. Hth icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

ChoueiriCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChoueiriCakeCo Posted 8 May 2010 , 11:03am
post #3 of 5

Yes, duff roses are so easy to make! The first time I tried I made at least 5 in only a few minutes! I hated making roses, but I actually enjoyed making them this way icon_smile.gif

Here's a tutorial:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweetlanda/1062291676/sizes/o/

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 8 May 2010 , 11:50am
post #4 of 5

I did watch a video on youtube by serious cakes on the reverse rose.
She piped it right on the cupcake, start with the outter petals first then work your way to the middle.

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you mckaren and choueiricakeco!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%