Brush Embroidery Rose Help

Decorating By mellormom Updated 9 May 2010 , 2:43am by mpetty

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 7

What lines do you pull and not pull to make it look recognizable? I get it to look pretty good until I get to around no 7. Then It starts to look way off so I think I'm pulling some of the wrong lines in the earlier steps. ( I mean some pedals need to be pulled on both sides and some don't and I'm having trouble with that. )
Thanks for any help on this matter! icon_smile.gif If you can understand me! LOL
Jen...
LL

6 replies
mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 8 May 2010 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 7

Well, since no one else is answering, I'll take a shot, even though I've never actually done brush embroidery (haven't tried fondant yet). I'd say the important part is to brush all of #6 inward, and on #7, brush the top and right side inward. For #4 I'd only brush the top inward and I would brush all sides of #5 inward. That leaves: #1 - just brush the top inward; brush the left side of #2 inward; and the right side of #3.

Love that pattern, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Hope I was able to help.

mellormom Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 7

thanks! That should help a lot! My brain doesn't compute those things well. LOL
Brush Embroidery is not hard at all. It just takes a soft hand and practice. icon_smile.gif
Thanks again!
Jen...

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 7

Very pretty design! I've only tried BE in class, but have been wanting to try again. Mpetty, your plan sounds like it should work.

sweettooth101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth101 Posted 8 May 2010 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 7
mellormom Posted 9 May 2010 , 1:43am
post #6 of 7

Mpetty your plan did work Thanks! icon_smile.gif
Jen...

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:43am
post #7 of 7

Excellent, glad I could help. Sweettooth101, thanks for the link. I LOVE Elaine MacGregor. Good way to learn a lot of advanced techniques.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%