Wilton 11 X 15 Sheet Pan Rounded Corners

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 6 May 2010 , 2:33am by icer101

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 8

Why do thse pans rise in the middle and are left skinny in the corners..I just baked a cake and again the sides barely rose...It really peeves me off... icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif I love the square edge pans but don't do enough 11 x 15 slabs to justify buying one but everytime I use this pan I get mad...

Just venting!!!! icon_wink.gif

Laurel thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

7 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 8

grease-no-flour the pans (flour will restrict the height).
Use baking strips. Here's the science of how they work: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6626888.html#6626888
Reduce oven temp. In a home oven I baked at 325.

It's not the pan. It's the methods.

CAKESABC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKESABC Posted 5 May 2010 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 8

Definatley not the pans! I use them all the time and have no problem at all with it and I have never used baking strips either. It's the recipe and methods of mixing the batter.

I do have problems with the non-stick 9x13 pans (I don't think it's Wilton), but not with the Wilton 9xx13 pans even using the same recipe. That one, I do believe, is the pan.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 May 2010 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 8

Ahhhhh......the great one has more knowledge...I would have never known..I do have bake even strips too but never use them.I also bake at 325..I'll have to try that next time!!!

Thanks Debbie!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 May 2010 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 8

by the way i got a magic line 11"x15" pan on ebay for $6.00 with free shipping....it was used but who cares?? lol keep your eyes open!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 5 May 2010 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 8

I use a mixture of 1 cup shortening, 1 cup oil, 1 cup flour and blend it together. When its time to coat my pans I pull it out and brush on. So much easier then using flour. Bake at 325 and my edges always rise with the rest of the cake.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:21am
post #7 of 8

I used to have the same problem with the Wilton hex pans. Out of desperation, I pulled my bake-even strips from the garage sale pile and was stunned by the difference! No more shoving the trimmings under the corners. Sheesh!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:33am
post #8 of 8

i use this wilton , 11x15 pan alot. Never have a problem. I don,t use the baking strips or flower nails or anything. I use enough batter for the pan. They always rise good. Hope yours does better next time. I use the wilton, 9x13 and the 12x18. Never have a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%