Another Display Cake Question... Wedding Fayres

Business By Sparklycake Updated 5 May 2010 , 7:49pm by muddpuppy

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 4 May 2010 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 3

I'm working on display cakes here at the minute, hopefully to be ready for the Autumn Wedding Fayre's.

Those of you displaying at Wedding Fayre's I'm looking for some advice. How many cakes do you display normally? And have you any particular types you always show or do you make your display with a theme in mind?

My cakes are all fondant covered with Sugar Characters or Flowers.

2 replies
Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 5 May 2010 , 8:59am
post #2 of 3

I used to work for a wedding suit hire shop so have seen a few cake stands at the wedding fayres.

Depending on how big the stand is that you will have, you might see 4 or 5 cakes...maybe a square cake, round cake, simple cake, highly decorated cake, funny cake and if you do them, a cupcake tower. Think the idea is to have something for everyone.

We used to give discounts for orders made on the day to try and get people to commit, you could print a sign to take with you if you thought that might help.

Lyndsey xx

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 5 May 2010 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 3

I'm never sure how many is enough! At my first show, I had a 10 x 10 ft space and only 7 cakes on display. There were some cakers with over 20! So at my 2nd show, I had 12 cakes on display and felt better.. lol... But yes, I would say definately depends on the space you have to fill.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%