Kingsize Cupcakes

Baking By onemissa Updated 4 May 2010 , 6:04pm by KHalstead

onemissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onemissa Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 4

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything. I plan on making kingsize cupcakes and decorating them to look like flowerpots with three flower cookies (about an 1" each) placed on top. A lady at work is wanting a few for Mother's Day. How much should I charge for these? They will be packaged individually and all iced in buttercream. Help will be greatly appreciated. TIA!!

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 4

I would say probably $5.00 each or close to it! Even though they're cupcakes, they're about 3 times the amount of batter as a normal cupcake added with the flowers and the hassle of icing those things.

Are you icing the outside or will it still have a paper on it?? If you can, I'd suggest having the paper on and just tie a ribbon around it!

onemissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onemissa Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for responding. I was planning on smooth icing the whole thing, but I might just leave the paper on to keep things simple.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 4

wonder if you could find terra cotta colored papers for thos size cupcakes?? that would be adorable!

Or wonder if you could paint the inside of a plastic flower pot with chocolate and then stick the cupcake in there and let it set up and pull the cupcake out with a "chocolate flower pot on the outside of it"?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%