Wedding Pricing Vs Celebration Cake Pricing

Decorating By FlourChick Updated 11 May 2010 , 5:06pm by mandirombold

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:10am
post #31 of 40

Yeah a $3 gp flower is verrry small. And just one.

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:14am
post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma28

.. once had a woman call for a 3 tier cake to feed 100....she was shocked at price. I asked her what her budget was and she said $50!!!!!

to which I would LOVE to ask, "And what part of your body did you pull THAT number out of?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I LOVE you debi ROFL!!!!

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:32am
post #33 of 40

[quote="indydebi"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourChick

Their eyes have seen the glory (of what these cake shows can create) but their brains haven't caught up yet (with what these cakes cost).

Ha ha Debi, very true

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:55am
post #34 of 40

The pricings that mentioned $3 for gumpaste flowers were for example only...I don't think anyone was suggesting to the OP the $ amount but more suggesting how to go about making it easier to figure and the #s used (speaking for myself not for khalstead) were random.

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:10am
post #35 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

The pricings that mentioned $3 for gumpaste flowers were for example only...I don't think anyone was suggesting to the OP the $ amount but more suggesting how to go about making it easier to figure and the #s used (speaking for myself not for khalstead) were random.

got it icon_smile.gif sorry

FlourChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourChick Posted 5 May 2010 , 5:38pm
post #36 of 40

This has been incredibly helpful. My intention was to be as open as possible regarding pricing, but I also spent most of my working career in "old school" bakeries where there were two different sets of pricing. I think that I inadvertently made things more complicated rather than less!

My plan right now is to change the wording on my site and incorporate the "same cake same price" policy. I'm going to ditch the "celebration cakes" and "wedding cakes" categories. What I want to offer are custom, elaborately decorated cakes and then a super simple combed cake with a border and writing (if desired). Any suggestions what to call my new categories???

all4cake Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:51pm
post #37 of 40

basic non-tiered

tiered

FlourChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourChick Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:42am
post #38 of 40

Thanks all4cake! Those are great suggestions. As soon as I read them it seemed so obvious that's what they should be called.

Thanks again everyone!

all4cake Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:04am
post #39 of 40

a lil' B-T-O anyone???? Takin' Care of Business!

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:06pm
post #40 of 40

I have on serving size and one price. I use the 1x2x4 in size for all my cakes. Cake is cake I don't care where u eat it. I do however charge for delivery and set up of wedding cakes. not much but enough to cover gas and time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%