Sweetwise And Others In Our Prayers!

Lounge By armywife1 Updated 4 May 2010 , 10:46pm by armywife1

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 10

Good morning, CCer's. I live in TN, and endured the forever rain that flooded our town and most of the Nashville area. I just seen footage of the Nashville area where SweetWise is located. It is completely under water! Just wanted everyone to keep her and everyone here in your prayers. I'm not sure what her storefront endured, but I think the situation looks very grim.

God bless...

9 replies
Deusha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deusha Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 10

I was in her store week before last. I hope all is well.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 10

I live in Nashville, TN and have a friend who lives over in that area. They evacuated the Opryland Hotel last night because the Cumberland River was cresting. My friend said his street is completely covered, doesn't know how he's going to get out.

Sending my prayers out to Kathy and everybody else at Sweetwise!!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 3 May 2010 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 10

My prayers are with everyone in TN. so sad.

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 10

yes it is pretty bad in that area.
Here is a video of Opryland Hotel which is across the street from her shop.
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100503/PROMO/100503049/Opryland+filling+up++downtown+flooded++water+rescues+and+more

armywife1 Posted 3 May 2010 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 10

Patticake, I watched the footage on the news today. I couldn't believe Opryland Hotel had 10' of water inside!! They had also mentioned the Wax Museum going under. I know Kathy's shop is close to that. icon_sad.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 May 2010 , 10:17pm
post #7 of 10

That is so sad. So much damage - I will keep them in my prayers.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 3 May 2010 , 10:28pm
post #8 of 10

Wow!! I didn't realize it was that bad!! I have stayed at Opryland Hotel (only once) but been in it many times for large antique shows. One time when I was there, there was a lot of flooding on my way home to Ohio - had to take several alternate routes. Southern Ohio was mess when I got back. Fortunately, I didn't have any water damage in my properties, but one of my employees lost almost everything. Water make such a mess!! I will keep everyone in my prayers.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:17pm
post #9 of 10

Just letting everyone know that Sweetwise is fine and they are open for business!! icon_smile.gif

armywife1 Posted 4 May 2010 , 10:46pm
post #10 of 10

Yup, just received an email from Kathy today! WHEW! I am so happy for her. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%