Teacher Apprecitation Week

Decorating By stampinron Updated 6 May 2010 , 10:53pm by nwnest

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 11

I was thinking of making a cake for my DD school. Maybe 1/4 sheet with a message something like "No one measures up to XYZ School" with a ruler on it. Then maybe some NFSC with rulers (I don't have alot of cutters and thought rectangles would be easy). Would that be okay? Any input welcome.

10 replies
keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 11

That sounds like a good idea. I just did one with the school's mascot on it and a thank you to the teachers and staff. I like your idea though! Do you have an apple cookie cutter? That is one of my favorites for teachers. Otherwise, I agree with the rectangle being easier to cut out.

nwnest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nwnest Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 11

That sounds absolutely clever and wonderful and they will love it.

(Now excuse me while I do a happy dance, because I'm not doing Teacher Appreciation Day this year. Last year I catered a lunch for 60 people with 3 pasta offerings and 3 sheet cakes ALL BY MYSELF, because parent involvement was next to nothing.)

Now have a BIG pat on the back for volunteering! The teachers really, really appreciate a little spoiling.

stampinron Posted 3 May 2010 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 11

No apple cutter, but I've seen some cute ones in the galleries! Thank you for your responses.

ThreePrinces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreePrinces Posted 3 May 2010 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 11

I am also doing a teacher appreciation cake for our school this week. Our school is "Arrowwood" and I think I'm going to put "Arrowwood teachers hit the mark!" and perhaps a bullseye, but I don't know. I'm thinking of going very simple and just decorating a border and some buttercream flowers. I just finished a giant wedding cake and I have my son's birthday cake this weekend and frankly, I'm burned out.

Love your idea, it's super cute!

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 3 May 2010 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 11

I'm doing teacher appreciation week too! I'm making an eight inch round (just for my daughter's teacher). I am going to cover in fondant and then put a ruler all the way around the bottom, put some books and apples on it, a chalkboard and the phrase "to teach is touch a life forever."

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 3 May 2010 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 11

If you don't have an apple cutter, you can you a heart shape and alter the bottom a little. They will never know when baked. See my pictures of the cookie arrangement I did last year for teacher's appreciation.

stampinron Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:45pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket0616

If you don't have an apple cutter, you can you a heart shape and alter the bottom a little. They will never know when baked. See my pictures of the cookie arrangement I did last year for teacher's appreciation.

That is a great idea! I love it when people think out of the box (I'm not capable of it) I baked my cookies already, but will definitely try this next time I'm needing an apple. Thanks for sharing.

stampinron Posted 5 May 2010 , 9:35pm
post #9 of 11

Here are mine.
LL

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 6 May 2010 , 4:45am
post #10 of 11

the ones I did said, "If you can read this thank a TEACHER." usually was book themed and had an apple, etc.

Sandy

nwnest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nwnest Posted 6 May 2010 , 10:53pm
post #11 of 11

Love your cake and cookies, Stampinron! Well done! I bet they loved them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%