Sure Cuts A Lot & Make The Cut????

Decorating By MZ_G_FUNK Updated 11 May 2010 , 2:39am by adven68

MZ_G_FUNK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MZ_G_FUNK Posted 1 May 2010 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 8

WHAT IS THIS? CAN THIS BE USED WITH THE CIRCUT CAKES??? I JUST HEARD ABOUT SCAL AND MTC. IM STILL NEW TO ALL THIS. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR EXPLANATIONS =)

7 replies
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 8

SCAL And MTC are both computer programs that can be used with Cricut Cake. They allow you to cut images other than what is on the cartridges. You can use the programs to convert any image , clipart , logo, etc into an SVG file. You connect your Cricut to your computer with a USB cable. The same kind used for most printers , one end is regular usb and the end that connects to the cricut is more square.

I have heard that MTC is more user friendly, you can download the trial version before buying, but i think it makes a cut line through the middle of your image untill you purchase the full version.

I plan on getting MTC after I have had time to play with my cricut . It will save money that I would spend on cartridges and give me more options for images that I can cut.
There are some websites that have free svg files you can use if you have one of these programs also.

HTH

MZ_G_FUNK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MZ_G_FUNK Posted 2 May 2010 , 12:39am
post #3 of 8

YOU ARE THE BOMB DIGGITY!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif TY SO MUCH FOR EXPLAINING THAT TO ME

katwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwo Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:10am
post #4 of 8

does those 2 programs work with the cricut expression machine as well, thinking I might go for the cheaper one, also does anyone know if you can use MMF with the cricut expression, and or cricut cake. Thanks for the help trying to do the pros and cons on this.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 10 May 2010 , 11:54am
post #5 of 8

so, I have Adobe illustrator which can convert a jpeg to an svg
do I still need a program to send it to my cricut?

thanks!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 May 2010 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 8

Yes you do and you need a USB cable.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 10 May 2010 , 8:08pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

do I still need a program to send it to my ?

thanks!

I use SCAL and trace .jpg directly into SCAL without having to convert to an SVG.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:39am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

do I still need a program to send it to my ?

thanks!

I use SCAL and trace .jpg directly into SCAL without having to convert to an SVG.

thanks for answering tiggy & snowshoe....I bought SCAL...and I figured out the trace feature...it seems very user friendly. I can't wait to use it tomorrow....came just in time for a monogram topper I need for sunday.
woohoo!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%