Ok.. D'perfect Strwbrry Wasc, Now What Icing & Filling??

Baking By dalis4joe Updated 1 May 2010 , 10:57pm by sweetiesbykim

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 1 May 2010 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 5

Ok... So I have stated before that I have always been a scratch caker... well today for the first time I did the WASC.... I did it with a Strawberry Mix and it tastes A_M_A_Z_I_N_G_!_!_!.... Well just took it out and taste a bit of the top mound.... I like it a lot for far... cooling as we speak....

I made 2 8 in rounds....
I have 2 6 in rounds from a previous cake order... now
I want to make a 2 tiered cake with both of these....

? is....

What would be a good ICING and/or FILLING for the Strawberry WASC and a Vanilla Bean Butter Cake?

I was thinking White Chocolate Buttercrem... YES or No ???
Poured Chocolate Ganache... YES or NO ???
Regular Chocolate Icing... YES or NO ???

Can you recommend a food icing (and filling IF diffrent) for this cake combo??? I want it to complement the cakes flavors.....

Please Help me thanks!

BTW:
Special thanks for to kakeladi for the WASC recipe!!

4 replies
sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 1 May 2010 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 5

By "strawberry mix", do you mean the flavored cake mix, or the daquiri mix? How's the texture? Been wanting to try it, so thanks for posting.

I always love the looks and flavor of Neopolitan, so I would fill with a light milk chocolate mousse or something light. Of course, white chocolate always is a great match! What type of BC do you use? SMBC or American?

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 1 May 2010 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 5

i've had requests for white chocolate ganache filling, banana cream and even lemon mousse filling in my strawberry cakes. vanilla or chocolate buttercream for the filling and icing would also be delish!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 1 May 2010 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 5

This is the strawbrry supreme mix.... super delicious...

Like the neopolitan look idea for sure....

I do use the american buttercream... But been wanting to make either the smbc or the imbc... So go. Ahead.... Gimme ur thoughts and i will do it...

Anyone have a recipe fr a good chocolate buttercream or should i use the ganache???

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 1 May 2010 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 5

Any version of chocolate SMBC is a winner in my book! I've also added ganache to BC for a quick chocolate filling -Mmmmm!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%