Running Out Of Ideas...

Decorating By TexasSugar Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 2:35pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 6

Get an email this morning, her son's birthday is coming up, have been waiting on the email since I did this last two cakes. Wants a cake again this year. No problem. She's easy to work with.

Year before last year I did a life size skate board cake and last year he got a skate park with three fondant boys on it, both in my photos.

So in the email she said "He is still into Skateboarding more than a pro would be. He also gets to start driving his car that week." He turns 16 this year.

I'm not sure if I want to do a a car/driving related thing since it is a big milestone or if I want to go with skate boarding agian, and if so what. Or the other option is combining the two.

Cake is due next weekend, probably Saturday. I have class Saturday morning, but have Thurs and Friday evenings free to work on it, and it shouldn't be that big of a cake.

Told her I'd think on it and get back with her on ideas and the rest of it.

5 replies
cakeaddiction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddiction Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 6

How about a car with the skateboard attached to the trunk. I saw one somewhere (maybe a cake off show) I will look. Or if not the board on the back how about doing skating sayings around the car like the decals. Or go out on a limb and do the car wheels as skateboard wheels...lol The idea of that makes me chuckle.

Also thought that with the car...if you do decals and such the license plate could say SK8TR or something like that.

Kerbear73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerbear73 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 6

A car would be great since he's turning 16... what if you did a cool car (with the license plate suggested earlier!) and did a figure ON a skateboard being towed behind the car?
Not legal, but fun nonetheless!! icon_smile.gif
By the looks of your cakes I have NO doubt you'll come up with something amazing!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 6

how about another lifesize skateboard (since that's his first love) and then make a set of car keys to go on top and a driver's license? Maybe a sign that says....."time for a new set of wheels!" or something?

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 6

How about a car with some Tony Hawk logos on it with a few skateboards attached to the roof, and some writing saying..."Going to the skatepark in my new wheels." Or..."Upgrading" Sorry, that's the best I could come up with.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the ideas! I'm still kicking it around. I've been having trouble with my thumb/wrist so I'm kinda of afraid to go with anything big and grand, but at the same time since the last two have been along those lines I'd hate to disappointed birthday boy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%