Cookies-

Baking By Me-again Updated 2 May 2010 , 9:13pm by luv2bake6

Me-again Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Me-again Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 8

Big question! It sounds kind of stupid to me but, can I use swason cake flour in the place of regular flour for sugar and butter cookies? I wanted to ask before I started to mix the cookies.

7 replies
luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 8

I'm not an expert, buy i use cake flour in my sponge cakes in order to produce a softer and lighter crumb. I'm assuming it would do the same to the cookies which would not make them strong enough to handle decorating.

Me-again Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 8

OK so maybe it's not so crazy after all. I found on www.joyofbaking.com, to make to substitute for 2 cups of flour, use 1 1/3 cup of flour plus 2/3 cup of cake flour. The website said it was great for pastrys.

Me-again Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks luvtobake6, I have been searching all morning trying to find any ideas or recipes for cookies that could be strong enough for decorating and placed on a stick.

luv2bake6 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 8

The NFSC is a great recipe to use for all rolled cookies and on sticks. Just don't add all the flour in at once or you'll get a dry and crumbly dough. Add it in slowly, and when you get past half the flour requirement, start feeling the dough and stop when it feels nice and soft.

Me-again Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 8

Great, thank you so much! I will try that tonight.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 8

I remember reading a tip once about replacing a small amount of regular flour with cake flour in order to prevent chocolate chip cookies from baking flat. I would think this would mean that the cookies wouldn't spread so much, which would be a good thing for decorated cookies. I just can't remember the proportions.

luv2bake6 Posted 2 May 2010 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 8

hmm, that sounds very interesting

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%