Waffle House Disaster Cake!!!!!

Decorating By QueenMo Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 5:14am by Ballymena

QueenMo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenMo Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:55am
post #1 of 3

I'm finally coming to terms with my last cake disaster and i want to share it with all of you fine people.

So i was working for a hotel and occasionally filled random cake orders even though we had no real bakery set up. The cakes usually turned out so-so because we barely had any confectionary ingredients and on top of that there was no bakery equipment, cake pans, etc. it was very unorganized, sometimes i had to bring my own pans to work, ugh. But the last cake i ever did for them, someone ordered a cake that had something to do with waffle house. so i thought i would go for the gold and make a cake that looked like the waffle house building. BIG MISTAKE. it ended up looking like a cartoonish playhouse, and it was hot as an oven in the downstairs kitchen that i had to work in. no coolers, no fans, no nothing. so this cake is melting and slumping and i'm trying to get it finished. I end up having to throw the whole thing away, it turned out hideously. So i decide to try to do it at home, but i'm so stressed out that i just mess it up. I end up just buying a sheet cake from the store (i know, i'm ashamed...) and putting my own decorations on it. It turns out that they didn't need the cake anyways, that someone did not confirm the order with them and they already had a cake. Great huh? and just because, i was fired a week later by the manager. I didn't touch a single cake for the next year. Now i'm finally getting back into and have a few cake projects, but it really was my biggest disaster. I learned alot working ther but maaaaan that scarred me for life. icon_smile.gif i wish i had pictures, but i was too ashamed to take any, lol

2 replies
dtdonnahoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtdonnahoo Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 3

That's awful! icon_cry.gif
I hate it when I have an awesome idea in my head and it never seems to turn out right. I've thrown a few cakes away because of that too. Sorry to hear about the job and hopefully this year will be a better cake year! icon_biggrin.gif

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 5:14am
post #3 of 3

Chin up and carry on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%