Ok, The Cookies Are On The Sticks, Now How On Earth Do I Get

Baking By loves2bake4six Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 1:33am by loves2bake4six

loves2bake4six Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake4six Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 5

the ribbon tied on neatly?

I am using cellophane bags 4.75x6.75 and the cookies are 4" stars. I am using two colors of curling ribbon on these but have another order that needs satin ribbon.

When I try and tie the ribbon it pull the sides over the top in a funny cone and the bag gets all billowy in the front.

Right now I am pleating the bags then having my 10 yr old dd hold that while I tie the ribbons.

It's taking longer to package them than it did to decorate them icon_biggrin.gif

I also need even more cookies than I baked onto sticks so I am gluing the sticks on the back of the rest of the bags aka Shiney's method and will need to tie those bags as well.

I am also worried about the satin ribbon as that ribbon is really slippery and hard to work with.

4 replies
nwnest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nwnest Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 5

Did your bags come with twist-ties? It can really simplify the process to twist tie them first and put the ribbon over the top until you get more confident at tying.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 5

this is going to be hard to explain, so bear with me.

You know how when you first tie the ribbon onto the bag? You overlap the two ends and then pull one end under and through the other?....do that two times, instead of putting it through once and then pulling both ends to tighten it, put it over and through a second time..it holds much more securely.

You could also just tie a knot in the ribbon and then tie the bow (but that makes it hard for people to "unwrap" them when it's time to eat)

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 12:02am
post #4 of 5

I've done mine several ways. First with the curling ribbon I always tie one to three colors onto a twist tie ( I buy them in bulk) curl the ribbons and then twist tie to the cookie. As KHalstead said it's easier to unwrap.
One way to tie a ribbon directly onto a cookie in a bag is to twist the bag and hold with a small chip clip or binder clip about 1-1/2 inches below where the ribbon will go; this leaves your hands free to tie the ribbon around the bag.
The way I actually make them now is to use my EZ bow maker. The one that has the wooden dowels sticking up to hold ribbon while making bows. I put a length of ribbon down between the dowel, then twist my bag and push it down between the dowels on top of the ribbon stick and all. This holds the cookie in place better so I can tie the ribbon. This takes me less time than with the clip. I hope this makes sense.

loves2bake4six Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake4six Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:33am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the tips using the twist ties and the double over ribbon.

Ya know...I was only worrying about tying the ribbon, I never thought about getting it off!! I've tied them all on so tight, with double knots icon_surprised.gif that the only way to get them off will be to snip them.

Any suggestions on the best bags to use and where to buy ties in bulk?

Thanks all

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%