Looking For Cc'ers In Kansas City, Mo

Decorating By CakeCrystals Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 4:33am by LadyinaRedApron

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 3

Hello fellow CC'ers, I'm in KC for the week and just wanted to know if there are any CC'ers in the area.

DH looking for KC bbq sauce or rub. I am looking for anything cake related while i'm here. Will be in meeting all week, but after work, the rest of the day is mine to find decorating supplies. Are there any Hobby Lobby's in the area? I'm staying at the Sheraton on 47th.

2 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 3

Bbq in KC - yup, you'll get some good ones! Probably closest to you is gonna be Jack Stack in the Freighthouse district. Can't think of the address off the top of my head. They are pretty good. I love Oklahoma Joe's! They are in a gas station, but don't let that turn you off - they have won the American Royal (our bbq competition where ppl from all over the country come to compete) a few times. VERY good food! The sauces are delish!

Gates and Arthur Bryant's are the staples of KC. MANY presidents have visited the original Arthur Bryant's on 18th & Cleveland.

Being a homegrown KC girl, any grocery store will have a big assortment of sauces - local and national, so I don't know if that is the same in other stores too.

LadyinaRedApron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyinaRedApron Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:33am
post #3 of 3

Welcome to KC! Oklahoma Joe's is delish! I agree with PP, don't let the fact that it is in a gas station fool you!!! Just talking about it makes me want a Carolina Sandwich! Hobby Lobby's, Michael's, and Joanns are all around you for caking supplies.I hope you have a great stay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%