Not Sure About Working At Sam's Club?

Decorating By Davin13 Updated 8 May 2010 , 12:24am by juledcakes

Davin13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davin13 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I'm a stay at home mom, I use to work at Walmart as a Cake Decorator now I'm thinking of working at Sam's Club.
I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with?

Do they have the same interview questions as Walmart? I'm worried because I haven't worked since 2007?

Do you have to work Full Time?

How do they train you?

In Walmart I only did the cake decorating, do you have to help out with the deli and bread bakery too? and do you always have to make sure you have to make a certain amount of cakes for the cake display? They were always on us about that.

Do you have to work both Sat. and Sun.? I worked both in Walmart.

Do they also do donuts? And,do you get paid more?

I would really appreciate some help Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know anything about Sam's Club, but I thought I'd give you a bump. I hope someone can answer your questions.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 7

Why don't you call and speak to the manager of the deli? Maybe they can answer these questions for you.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 7

I agree, call Sam's and ask them. The store you are looking to work out would be the ones that would have the most information on what they will ask of you as well as the hours they are looking to hire someone for.

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Why don't you call and speak to the manager of the deli? Maybe they can answer these questions for you.

This is great advice. Then you get your info. straight from the horse's mouth. icon_smile.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:52am
post #6 of 7

1. Call the manager and ask the questions.

2. Get a one day guest pass and just visit the area on a busy day.

juledcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juledcakes Posted 8 May 2010 , 12:24am
post #7 of 7

i know this is a slightly older post but i will tell you my experience. i worked there for 5 years. Genarally they expect every sat sun cuz this is the busiest time. you will be primarily decorating but might be asked to help with other things. yes they are huge on how much your producing. i cant say about the pay since every market is different. i would call and talk to the hr person not a manager cuz they dont always have the best info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%