Need Help!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

Baking By legina2005 Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 4:22pm by legina2005

legina2005 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:13am
post #1 of 6

I have posted on here and was not fortunate enough to get an answer. I have never made a topsy turvy cake. I am sooo green and I tried to make on and I used regular cake mix from the box and of course you can't carve it, but I learned by trial and error. Please can some one tell this green horn, what to do. Is there specific directions for this. I Have been googling my fingers away but they only give instruction for carving and decorating. Please be so kind to direct me int he right direction.

Thank You!

5 replies
awestervelt Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:30am
post #2 of 6

There's a how to article on here that helped me out a lot. Also try Youtube. I found a video of someone doing a topsy turvy cake. I have no problems doing mine with boxed cake mixes. Just make sure they have been in the freezer for a liitle bit before you start trying to carve them. icon_biggrin.gif Good luck.

KrissieCakes Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:33am
post #3 of 6

Here is an article on CC about topsy turvy building:

Awhile back, when I was trying to find info on them, I asked the same question in a forum. I got quite a few diagrams and info on it. Here is that thread:

hope that helps! Good luck!

paulstonia Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:34am
post #4 of 6

Try the wasc(white almond sour cream) recipe on here. It's a doctored cake mix and you can do it in about any flavor. It's denser and will hold up to carving better.

multilayered Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:44am
post #5 of 6

I've heard several decorators say you need pound cake for a topsy turvy ( luckily I have not had to find out yet!!)

legina2005 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all sooooo much I will try the freezer! I also heard the almond cake was delicious! Again Thank You!

Quote by @%username% on %date%