Need Help!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

Baking By legina2005 Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 4:22pm by legina2005

legina2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
legina2005 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:13am
post #1 of 6

I have posted on here and was not fortunate enough to get an answer. I have never made a topsy turvy cake. I am sooo green and I tried to make on and I used regular cake mix from the box and of course you can't carve it, but I learned by trial and error. Please can some one tell this green horn, what to do. Is there specific directions for this. I Have been googling my fingers away but they only give instruction for carving and decorating. Please be so kind to direct me int he right direction.

Thank You!

5 replies
awestervelt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awestervelt Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:30am
post #2 of 6

There's a how to article on here that helped me out a lot. Also try Youtube. I found a video of someone doing a topsy turvy cake. I have no problems doing mine with boxed cake mixes. Just make sure they have been in the freezer for a liitle bit before you start trying to carve them. icon_biggrin.gif Good luck.

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:33am
post #3 of 6

Here is an article on CC about topsy turvy building:
http://cakecentral.com/articles/6/how-to-make-a-topsy-turvy-whimsical-cake

Awhile back, when I was trying to find info on them, I asked the same question in a forum. I got quite a few diagrams and info on it. Here is that thread:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-611427-.html

hope that helps! Good luck!

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:34am
post #4 of 6

Try the wasc(white almond sour cream) recipe on here. It's a doctored cake mix and you can do it in about any flavor. It's denser and will hold up to carving better.

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:44am
post #5 of 6

I've heard several decorators say you need pound cake for a topsy turvy ( luckily I have not had to find out yet!!)

legina2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
legina2005 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all sooooo much I will try the freezer! I also heard the almond cake was delicious! Again Thank You!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%