Two-Part Lace Molds...tips For Success?

Decorating By shannonlovebug Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 5:38pm by icer101

shannonlovebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonlovebug Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 3

So I bought one of those two part lace molds from CK Products and even after following the directions I'm still not getting a clean cut out or a very good impression. Are there any tricks or tips that I can use to make it work better? I've tried using straight fondant, straight gumpaste and 50/50. Please help!!

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 3

Make sure whatever you put in there is thin enough to get the impression, and roll it carefully with a rolling pin when you have the two parts together. Before you remove it from the mold press the edge of the fondant back in toward the mold sot hat you get a clean edge, then turn it onto the countertop when you remove it from the mold. Peel the mold off of it, don't pull it out of the mold. It might also help to give the mold a very light dusting of cornstarch before you press the fondant into it.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 3

you can also dust pearl dust in the molds . and do the way costumeczar says. also, sometimes, i put mine in the freezer(2 parts together) after taking off the top part and pushing any extra edges back into the mold. then put top back on. roll litely one more time. then put in freezer for just a minute or two. again, take it easy as you unmold it. using a soft brush to help if you need to. using the pearl dust, they come out very pretty .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%